Thursday, December 17, 2009

Racking up the kays!

Hope you all had a great Day of Reconciliation yesterday!

We went for a short (not quick) ride to complete the first 300km's for the service tomorrow. The bikes are still going strong and Tania's silver machine is still faster than mine (except when we exchange bikes for a while!). I realised yesterday that I will have to get used to seeing her shrinking in the distance ahead of me on even the slightest of the uphills while I wait it out with my chin between the handlebars.

Both bikes now have 270km on the clock. That is roughly 30km LESS than our average required daily mileage to complete the trip on time...and it only took us FIVE DAYS to not quite do 300km!!

Still, we're very confident we'll make it on time for the wedding in Patensie on the 9th of January!

Best not to peak early, I always say!

No comments:

Post a Comment